SAFE DRIVING REMINDER
- Only 2nd year student (full-time) is permitted to drive and own a car in campus
- Before driving, be certain of your responsibilities and the status of your car insurance and road-tax.
- Be certain that your automobile always contains at least a half tank of fuel. Make sure your lights, signals, horn and brakes are in proper order.
- Avoid traveling by road after dark (especially in rural areas). Park in a well lighted place.
- Avoid riding motorcycles – if you do, wear a helmet.
- Always lock your car and use seat belts, even for short trips.
- Be extra careful and practice safety while driving. Please do not exceeding the speed limit.
- Familiarize yourself with local traffic laws. Make sure that you know how to read and understand all traffic signs.
- Please wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle
- Be alert when crossing a street.
- Always lock your car and use seat belts
- Be certain that your automobile always contains at least a half tank of fuel. Make sure your lights, signals, horn and brakes are in proper order
- Never DRINK & DRIVE !
FOREIGN DRIVING LICENSE RECOGNITION
You must ensure your driving license is valid for use in Malaysia as Malaysia only recognizes driving licenses from selected countries. Where your driving license is not recognized, international students will need to register in a driving training school for testing and provision of Malaysian driving license. Please refer Foreign Driving License Recognition.
CONVERSION FOREIGN DRIVING LICENSE TO MALAYSIAN DRIVING LICENSE
In the event that you wish to convert your foreign driving license to Malaysian Driving License , please refer latest guidelines from Road Transport Department of Malaysia (JPJ)
- APPLICATION TO CONVERT A FOREIGN DRIVING LICENSE TO A MALAYSIAN DRIVING LICENSE FOR COUNTRIES THAT HAVE TWO-WAY AGREEMENT WITH MALAYSIA (AUTOMATIC)
- APPLICATION TO CONVERT A FOREIGN DRIVING LICENSE (NON-AUTOMATIC)
Source : http://www.jpj.gov.my